Danish Farmers Abroad
Danish Farmers Abroad is an association of large international agricultural companies; suppliers of agricultural equipment and production means; and private persons with a special interest for international agriculture.
The purposes of the association are
• To create a common platform for exchange of experience between agricultural companies operating international
• To strengthen activities for the benefit of the members of the association based on type of production
or on geographical position as well as on general issues
• To promote mutual interest and understanding between members of the association
and social and political societies at national as well as international level
Danish Farmers Abroad has been steadily developing since the start in 2007. In January 2014 there are 133 members with agricultural companies in 34 countries covering an area of 375,000 ha agricultural land producing 4 mio pigs for slaughter and 6 mio chickens. The herds cover totals of 150,000 sows; 11,000 dairy cows; 38,500 beef cattle; and a large number of egg layers and sheep. In the agricultural companies there are about 5,000 shareholders and a total of 9,500 employees.
Danish Farmers Abroad in brief, January 2014.
|Shareholders in agricultural companies||5,000|
|Employees in agricultural companies||9,500|
|Number of countries for agricultural activities||34|
|Agricultural land||375,000 ha|
|Pig production||150,000 sows|
|4,000,000 pigs for slaughter|
|Cattle production||11,000 dairy cows|
|38,500 beef cattle|
|Sheep||150,000 sheep and lamb|
|Poultry||170,000 egg layers|
|6,000,000 chicken for slaughter|
Danish Farmers Abroad has developed a wide range of activities.
• The general meeting takes place in Denmark annually
• Conferences with actual and interesting lectures organised in different sites for instance in connection with Agromek, Agritechnica, and Eurotier. The conferences also serve as platforms for informal get together among agricultural companies and supply companies
• Ad hoc meetings on actual investment opportunities
• Study trips for large and small groups. Danish Farmers Abroad has visited Poland, China, Russia, USA and more trips are planned
• Network activities on different topics; economic benchmarking, production benchmarking on animal husbandry and crop production; joint experience groups; advisory services etc.
CSR – Making it a good business
In order to run a healthy business today it is both natural and necessary that the companies assume social responsibility. CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) is not just about obeying the law. It is also about creating an increased value, which both benefits the business, humans and the environment.
Education – DFA Manager Study Program
DFA Manager Study Program is a practical leadership training course targeted mid-level managers with responsibility for employees – either as team- , section or farm managers. During the 13 month training program, the participants will be offered15 training days divided on four seminars.
Courses – Veterinarians working with pig health and pig diseases
In a collaboration between Ø-Vet A/S and Danish Farmers Abroad (DFA), a course for veterinarians is established. The participating veterinarians will achieve skills and competences within herd related health and disease of
The latest studytrip went to Serbia and Bosnia in November 2017
You can read the program for the trip here: