To members of Danish Farmers Abroad et.al
African swine fever (ASF) is still running and gives large losses in pig herds in a significant part of Eastern Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia. With a webinar, we will try to describe the status and future prospects of this very bad disease.
It will take place on Wednesday 21 April at 14:00 – to approx. 15:30 CET (= Central European time = DK time).
For this we have got an expert in ASF to give a speech – dr. med. vet. Tomasz Trela, Technical Swine Manager, Boehringer Ingelheim, Austria.
Tomasz has very big experience with the ASF in a number of countries in Europe, including Romania, as well as China and Asia in general.
He is also well informed about the status of the development of an ASF vaccine.
Kl. 14:00 African Swine Fever – Our experiences, what have we learned, the current situation and what can we expect in the future ?? – presentation by Tomasz Trela
– Major learnings about ASF 2014-2021 – ASF viruses, infection ways, biosecurity, the challenges with employees, feed and wild boar ??
– Short description of the current situation in the EU, CEE and China
– Principles of “Biosecurity” based on the latest research and experience
– How far are we with an ASF vaccine ??
– What can we do in the future: – will ASF stay with us? Can we use vaccines? – Or biosecurity & management? – Or resistant genetic? – New production forms?
Kl. 15:00 Q&A
Kl. 15:30 Closing
The presentation will be in English.
The meeting takes place at Zoom. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Registration as soon as possible and no later than Monday 19th of April at this link : https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAodOyqrjgtEtBM33gMTMUQ1qIQ9PEL6i87
If you have any questions about this, you are welcome to contact the undersigned.