EMI Analytics says expanded hog US pro-cessing capacity and higher slaughter hog numbers will make continued access to export markets even more critical to keep on top of increased supplies of pork. The USDA’s March Hogs and Pigs report indi-cates slaughter hog numbers this fall will be even higher than one year ago however new processing capacity coming on line in the US is expected to help keep pace with that expanded production.
• New type of wheat holds promise for poultry
• Italian olive oil and beef meat given PGI status
• Moldova complains about ASF threat from Ukraine
• Pork production in Russia grew by 5.3 % in the first quarter of 2017
• Russia signed an agreement on development of railway communication along the Silk Road
• IFC invested $900 million in Ukrainian agrarian sector for six years